UPDATE: WE WON! After the votes were counted from the elections on April 4th, EVERY ONE of our endorsed candidates either won outright or advanced to the runoff! We’d like to thank everyone who donated their time to come out and help get these worker champions elected! Here are our endorsed candidates that won outright in April:
- ✅ Amanda Sandoval, Denver City Council District 1
- ✅ Kevin Flynn, Denver City Council District 2
- ✅ Jamie Torres, Denver City Council District 3
- ✅ Diana Romero Campbell, Denver City Council District 4
- ✅ Amanda Sawyer, Denver City Council District 5
- ✅ Paul Kashmann, Denver City Council District 6
- ✅ Stacie Gilmore, Denver City Council District 11
- ✅ Serena Gonzales-Gutierrez, Denver City Council At-Large Seat
- ✅ Sarah Parady, Denver City Council At-Large Seat
- ✅Paul Lopez, Clerk and Recorder
Our fight is not over yet, though. The runoff elections take place in Denver on June, 6th, 2023, and we’re going to keep showing up to get our candidates across the finish line!
As a reminder, each of these candidates went through 105 member-led candidate interviews and have demonstrated their commitment to working families across our Denver communities. They understand the challenges faced by working people in our city and are committed to building on the victories we’ve fought so hard to achieve as a union.
The following SEIU Local 105 endorsed candidates are headed to the runoff, and they need OUR help:
- ✅ Mike Johnston, Denver Mayor
- ✅ Flor Alvidrez, Denver City Council District 7
- ✅ Shontel Lewis, Denver City Council District 8
- ✅ Candi CdeBaca, Denver City Council District 9
- ✅ Chris Hinds, Denver City Council District 10
From raising wages to fighting for affordable housing, these candidates have shown a commitment to improving the lives of working families in Denver. Your vote has the power to shape the future of our city, and it is critical that we use it to elect leaders who will fight for us.
We are in the final stretch for the Denver Municipal Election and we’re working together to elect even more worker champions to move our city and our communities forward!
We have opportunities for you to join other SEIU Local 105 members and get the word out to voters about our union backed candidates.
These elections are often decided by just a few votes, so every bit of effort makes a difference! Join us on the ground by signing up using the button below!
Important Election Dates:
May 15th: Mail-in ballots go out and ballot dropboxes open
June 6th: Last day to vote/Election Day! Ballots must be returned by 7PM and voters must be in line by 7PM to cast a ballot in person.