Our 83,000-member Union Coalition just reached a Tentative Agreement with Kaiser Permanente on a four-year contract that wins on all our bargaining goals and restores a true Labor Management Partnership. Our solidarity and unity made the difference!
Our Four-Year Tentative Agreement:
1. Protects good, middle class jobs with . . .
- Strong across-the-board raises of 3% for 2019, raises of 2% + 1% lump sum bonus for each of the next three years. Plus, the 1% lump sum bonus can be converted to an additional 1% raise if we hit agreed upon Operating Margin targets for Colorado–making 3% raises possible in each year of the contract.
- Protected healthcare benefits — including fully-paid family coverage, no changes to office visit copays, and no changes to mail-order prescriptions and first-time prescription copays.
- Protected retirement benefits — no changes to our pensions or retiree medical coverage.
- No two-tier wage or benefits for new hires — all future Kaiser workers get the same wage rates and benefits as us
2. Strongly protects against outsourcing of our jobs — including all call center, billing, revenue cycle, pharmacy, and lab positions.
3. Waives the work experience requirement for any of us seeking promotion to a new position at Kaiser
Our Tentative Agreement includes many other huge wins for our families and our patients and also improvements achieved through Local Union bargaining . . .
More details to come later this week, including next steps in our ratification process!