SEIU Local 105 represents janitors, Security officers and healthcare workers across the state. Local 105 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting in larger struggles for social justice on issues such as health care, immigration and education reform.
We are now hiring an organizer in Denver to work on exciting campaigns to organize thousands of new workers and to build power for working families of Colorado.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate effectively on a team of organizers and researchers to plan and implement new worker organizing & issue-driven community based social justice campaigns.
- Recruit and develop the leadership abilities of workplace leaders and committees.
- Work with leaders and committees to educate, agitate and motivate people to action.
- Maintain accurate and detailed information on worksites and track individuals’ info and assignments.
- As needed, gather information for legal action to protect peoples’ rights.
- Commitment to social justice.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and implement work and manage time, as part of a team and individually.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours.
- Experience and knowledge of computer programs is a plus (including word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheet and database software).
- Driver’s license and reliable car.
- Bilingual speaking a plus, required (English/Spanish).
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is competitive (based on union contract)
Full benefits package including health insurance, pension plan, paid vacations and car allowance.